A Warm Welcome from Michael Kourosh
Michael Kourosh has been a preeminent fixture in the design and home furnishing community in Santa Barbara for decades. Michael’s work has been featured in some of the most luxurious and sophisticated hot spots around the world, including local gems The Four Seasons, San Ysidro and most recently in the renovation and re-imagining of The El Encanto Hotel in the American Riviera.
Michael started his love of decorative arts early on, and upon moving to Germany as a teenager he continued his apprenticeship in Persian rugs and antique collectables, where he earned his nick name ” the Rugoholic ” .
His love and holistic approach to interior design culminated when he moved to Santa Barbara and opened his first store in 1990. The past 29 years has been spent refining his vision, taking another step forward with the opening of Santa Barbara’s first fully integrated Design Center. He is proud and excited to be given the opportunity to share his vision with not only the design community, but everyone. Michael strives to provide the utmost excellence in every area of interior design and service. He has brought to Santa Barbara a unique opportunity for living spaces designed through in-house custom made furnishings, accessories, and collectables that will be the centerpiece of the finest homes for years to come.
With his network of the leading international designers, there is nothing that Michael cannot create, as is evident in the variety of design and retail awards bestowed upon his business, including 20 years and running as the best store in Santa Barbara. He prides himself with being the foremost interior design resource in the Western United States, and is happy to share his expertise to Design Santa Barbara.
In his free time, the father of two loves to travel with his family on international adventures.
- Antique Triclinium RugsThe Triclinium rug consists of four rugs. There is a main rug that is relatively large. Two runner rugs are placed on the sides of this one lengthwise. Across the top is another area carpet that has a length equal to the width of the main rug […]
- Finest Ziegler & Co Agra’s !Antique Agra Rugs haves been a major center of area rug and carpet production since the great period of Mughal art in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Antique Agra rugs present elegant allover designs alongside medallion or centralized patterns. They have the rich pungent palette of classical Indian and Persian […]
- Ways to Make Your Home A Relaxation SanctuaryLAYER RUGS TO BRING COMFORT AND TEXTURE TO YOUR HOME What better way to cozy up a room than to roll out a oriental rug? The unexpected contrast of weaves can help pull together a space in a calming fashion. Select patterns that are different and unique […]
- Oriental Rug CountKnot count, also known as knot density, is the number of hand tied knots within a certain area of a rug. Determining knot count must be done by close examination of the back of a rug. Understanding knot count requires some understanding of how rugs are constructed. […]
- Start The New Year Off Right!Its that time of the year again where we all have a New Years Resolutions. Some might want there’s to be to redecorating there home. This New Year you want to start the year with a new outlook and fresh start. What better way than changing the […]
- Fun Ways To Incorporate a Suzani Into Your Design !Suzanis are extremely beautiful and unique hand embroidered pieces. Known for its decorative tribal textile made in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and a few other Central Asian countries. Material & Design Motifs In most cases Suzani textiles usually have a cotton or silk fabric base. Which is then […]
SAN YSIDRO COLLECTION
In coastal, temperate regions moderate the climate allows for interior design that blurs the lines between home interiors and the outdoors. This collection of rugs is specifically designed to fit the Mediterranean style home. Patterns inspired by nature and color schemes that enhance the natural light of a room compliment Mediterranean interiors perfectly
Watch Michael on Design Santa Barbara
Every Saturday on ABC – KEYT Channel 3